The thought of going through a huge recession every decade is anxiety-inducing, to say the least, but if the last two recession have taught us anything it’s how incredibly important it is to build healthy finances so you aren’t devastated every time one of these ‘Great Recessions’ pops up. If you’re looking to get your finances in order before the next recession, you aren’t alone. These are the 3 steps you should take to financially prepare for the next recession so you don’t lose all of your money, and can even come out ahead.
Starting to invest in the stock market can seem terrifying since most of what is portrayed about investing is dramatic. There are stock market crashes, extreme swings in stock prices, and investors losing fortunes! Based on this coverage, it’s no wonder you feel so stressed about starting to invest, but if you want to get rich or just simply retire one day, you better start investing. The good news for you is that becoming a successful investor is actually quite simple. With these 3 tips, you’ll be able to open an investment account, develop a super simple and low-stress investment strategy, and feel confident that you can start investing today.
When you think of investing, what are the first things that come to mind? Maybe it’s the image of people running around on the trading floor, or a news segment showing a graph of a company’s stock price shooting up or plummeting. No matter what the exact image you picture is, it’s probably something dramatic and panic-inducing. While investing may be portrayed as a theatrical, anxiety-inducing boy’s club, that couldn’t be further from the truth. Investing is actually quite simple and easy, and requires almost zero effort on your part. If you’re turned off by the thought of researching stock picks, having to keep up with the markets, or just nervous about investing at all, this guide is for you.
Lately, I’ve been seeing a lot of articles about how great dividend stocks are. I assume that this uptick in the love for dividend stocks is because they’re seen as safer investments than growth stocks, and investors are trying to find certainty in an uncertain marketplace. But what makes dividend stocks safer than growth stocks? In this post, we will break down the difference between dividend and growth stocks, what makes dividend stocks safer investments, and why you should skip dividend stocks even though they’re safer and go for growth stocks instead.
When you envision your retirement, what do you see? A vacation home on the beach? Finally being able to travel around the world whenever you want? Whatever your ideal retirement life is, I bet it doesn’t involve anxiety over mounting medical bills and a dwindling cash supply. While most of us have dreams of grandeur when it comes to our retirement, few of us ever get there.
Picking a unicorn company to invest in doesn’t usually work out. Instead, you should create a diversified portfolio and invest in a herd of cattle. Diversifying your portfolio helps reduce your risk, but what grows your money? The answer is compound interest, and that is what you’ll learn about today.
Retirement accounts are one of the most important investment tools to begin using while you are young to grow your wealth. There are several different types of retirement accounts that you can use, and each one has different advantages and disadvantages. Below we will discuss the pros and cons of the different types of retirement accounts, and the ways that you can utilize them to become an old rich bitch.
Playing the lottery has a high level of risk because the odds of you winning are very low. If you manage to beat the odds and win, you will receive a high return. However most people don’t become winners and lose money playing the lottery. The same concept can be applied to picking a unicorn company (this is a real term by the way). This is like buying a bunch of horses with a disease that turns 1% of them into unicorns the other 99% die. The odds aren’t great and you’ll probably end up with a bunch of dead horses. So how to do increase your odds of winning?
To get the highest possible return on your investments, you need to invest at the lowest price, and sell at the highest price. Trying to predict future prices to perfectly time your buy or sale is called timing the market. Sounds simple enough, right? We'll discuss if you should you use this investing approach, or snooze on timing the market?
You’ve probably heard that you should BUY! BUY! BUY! (*NSYNC voice) your stocks right now since the market is down. On the surface, this doesn’t seem to make any sense. Investors are losing money, so why should you put your money into something that is decimating others’ fortunes? I’m here to give you the DL.